Friday, January 21, 2011

Exclusive Interview with Sun-joo Park, Kim Jong-il's Wet Nurse

 The following is an interview between CNN Asian correspondent and Sun-joo Park, the wet nurse to Kim Jong-il.  This interview was performed online via gmail chat services.  

Sun-joo Park:  Hello!

Wolf Plitzer:    Hello, CNN reporter Wolf Plitzer

Sun-joo Park, wet nurse of Kim Jong-il for 19 years
Sun-joo Park:  Sun-joo Park here

Wolf Plitzer:    Nice to meet you Sun-joo Park, I'd like to ask you a few questions about Kim Jong-il

Sun-joo Park:  Please do, but I may not respond quick, because english not good good.

Wolf Plitzer:    Firstly, I'd like to offer my condolences on the death of Kim Jong-il, I've been made aware    you were very close to him


Sun-joo Park:  hah!  I was...when he was small.

Wolf Plitzer:    Yes, I understand you were his wet nurse, correct?

Sun-joo Park:  yes, correct, until he was 19

Wolf Plitzer:    What were your impressions of him as a child?  Did he have any interesting personality quirks, any passions?

Sun-joo Park:  He was very aggressive, definitely made a mark on me, many marks

Wolf Plitzer:    Really?  Please elaborate.

Sun-joo Park:  [Kim Jong-il] never had friends his own age, the other boys in court, he cling to me, for hours, until his mother realize that I get in way of professional development, then she banish me, to South Korea.  I loved Kim, [he was] mean to everyone but me.

Kim Jong-il at the height of his political career
Wolf Plitzer:    Hmm, so his mother was very concerned on his political career.  You say you loved Kim Jong-il, do you feel this love was reciprocated?  Do you think he felt the same way about you?

Sun-joo Park:  He couldn't give me what I could give him, so when he came of age, this 19, he took the side of his mother, and this gave me pain.

Wolf Plitzer:    Hmm, I see.  This must have been very difficult for you.  How do you feel about how he ran DPRK?

Sun-joo Park:  Once I left, Kim became starved, so it never surprised me that he could starve the North Koreans.  It was like a mirror to his thirsty soul.

Wolf Plitzer:    You say he was starved, but how?  Emotionally, artistically..?

Sun-joo Park:  Emotionally, and with great vitamin d deficit.

Wolf Plitzer:    Ah.  So the lack of a motherly figure in his life led to a lack of compassion for others.  Did you ever try to contact him later in life?

Sun-joo Park:  Sorry about delay

Wolf Plitzer:    No problem.   It must be very difficult to establish a good connection half way around the world.

Sun-joo Park:  very difficult to establish between Koreas, as you seen!  So yes, big wide world too I tried to contact him once, yes

Wolf Plitzer:    Please tell

Sun-joo Park:  when his mother die, I make crossover attempt
I wrap myself in quilt, carrying nothing but a change of underwear and Kim's favorite pacifier I take from him once.  Don't tell him that!
Oh, right...
...too late

Wolf Plitzer:    ... I'm sorry; this whole affair must be very hard on you.  Do you wish to continue?

Sun-joo Park:  No, I do not, the pain pummels me, like Kim's mother used to, when dark and nobody watching

Wolf Plitzer:    You've clearly experienced many hardships.

Sun-joo Park:  none as hard as the death of Kim or as I called him, Kimchee

Wolf Plitzer:    It's clear you cared about him very much.  If you were to sum up Kim Jong-il's life, what would you say about him?

Sun-joo Park:  If he nibbled away at Korean people's lives, he was only nibbling away at me.
Thank you

Wolf Plitzer:    Thank you for your time.  Do I have your permission to use this interview in an article?

The Beatles, Rock Band from 1960's and favorite of Sun-joo Park
Sun-joo Park:  Yes, I want my story told, for the world to feed on.  I always wanted to see Kimchee again, since 1960.  In fact, if not for the Beatles, I would’ve ended it all then. 

Wolf Plitzer:    Once again, this has been Wolf Plitzer with CNN news, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment